Friday, January 26, 2007

Waiting, waiting and more waiting. To leave the city or not?????

So here we sit in this hotel room waiting again for people to call and let us know our fate for 
next few days.  We have called the Embassy twice today and we still do not know if we have
the Visa or not.  We did go out to the Supermarket that Chip and Mary told us about. Friends 
dont let friends shop at Bluebird! It was a nice market, they had pretty much the same items 
that Bluebird had but it was a cleaner market. We thought they might have some different baby
food and some new formula, but it was the same. We are almost out of Similac so we bought some Nestly. I just didn't think about food very well for this trip, I was more concerned about the books. Silly me.

( I was in the middle of the Haas/Gonzales match and the TV decided to show snow instead of a picture! UGH.....)

After we finished at the market the taxi guy drove us to the Tibetan Carpet place. We wanted a
large carpet to go in the living room, but they were $800, so we decided to buy two smaller ones
that we can just put side by side, and when we move (if ever) we can use them in other places!

The ladies at the carpet place went crazy over Sujina. The were playing with her, holding her, changing her diaper, feeding her a bottle. She was a little cranky and they were doing
everything they knew to keep her happy. It was refreshing to me that when I came over to her
and held her she stopped crying and was content. ( small victory for mom!) I asked the ladies where they thought she might be from or who she looked like to them. They all said she looked
Tibetan. That is what Paul and I had thought as well, but what do we know.  The ladies were lovely and wanted to know all about Sujina. She is a very beautiful child regardless of where she is from, we are truly blessed.

Sujina and I are going to have to work on patience. She had none when it comes to being fed and getting her bottle, especially at night, but in the day too. I wonder if other adoptive parents have
had that problem and how they over came it. It can be like she had never been fed in her life and she is starving. I know she was fed well at the Children's Home, but she was on a strict schedule.  

I am feeling a little anxious today. I guess it is because I can feel this is coming to an end and I am a little concerned abut the flight home, and then of course being home. Three kids!  WOW!

It really seemed like a long wait and a short wait at the same time.

We need to hear from the Embassy to know what we are going to do, if we are going to leave the city or not. We really want to get out of this hotel and this city for a while,  but we dont want to get stuck anywhere.

We love you all and are blessed to have such wonderful friends and family!

 

No comments: