Wednesday, January 17, 2007

4am and I can't sleep......

I am stilling on the floor using the light of the bathroom to type by. My body says that it is time to wake up. Paul and Sujina are still sleeping. We had a wonderful time last night. We went to eat and when we can back we are all down on the floor with the toys we brought for her. She loves the rattles, and Pauls watch. She is a super crawler and zoomed all over the room. She was also pulling up on anything and everything she could find!

We put her in the bathroom sink to have a bath and she loved playing in the water. All smiles and coos.....then we all hit the wall and went to bed!

So here I sit waiting for my family to wake and recapping the last 24 hours.

We finally got on the plane at XNA around 5:30pm after waiting since noon. Got to LA, found Elizabeth and Clay and boarded the plane to Bangkok. (Elizabeth and Clay are from Seattle, actually Bainbridge Island, and are adopting their first child through FAITH as well.

Once we got on board the flights went smooth as silk but let me say that 17 hours on a plane sucks!!!! I am actually glad that we are going through Hong Kong on the way back just to break it up a bit.

Once we got to Kathmandu we had to go through and get our Visas. Everything worked like clockwork and all of our bags came. We had eight large bags between the four of us and several carryons. When we came outside the driver for Children's Home was there with a sign reading Bamber and Wilson-Scott. I love seeing my name at airports. Silly I know.

The Childeren's Home has gotten a new SUV, it was about the size of a Toyota Highlander, so not so big. We put our bags in the back but only 6 would fit, the other two we put in the back seat and we sat with our feet on them and our knees in our noses. Paul sat in front with several carryon bags.

We were informed by the driver that we would be going straight to Childrens Home to get the girls, (I giggle every time I say "girls") and then straight to the Ministry office. We need to get the last document from the Nepal govt stating that our adoption is legal in their eyes. The Adoption Decree I believe it is called.

Elizabeth and I laughed because we looked around the car and thought where are we going to hold these "girls"? We got to Children's Home, said our hellos quickly and then were given our marching orders. Off to the Ministry we went. Babies in our laps, bags in our faces, holding bottles the didi's had just made and toys we were getting out of our bags. It was quite the sight. In the states we would have been pulled over for sure. The girls were very calm, and just sat looking around in amazement. Not sure how much they had been out and about in the big city.

When we arrived at Children's home the girls were in the FAITH room. We peeked in and Sujina was on the floor, she had a huge smile and started crawling over to me. I was thrilled to see her and so happy that she seemed thrilled to see me. I quickly learned that she was heading for the door, not to her new mom.

No comments: