Friday, January 19, 2007

Again 4 am and we are wide awake.....

Yesterday, Friday, was a "free" day. We didn't have any appointments or places to be, it was very nice. After the first few days of being a whirlwind of activity it was nice to wake up and leisurely get dressed for breakfast etc...

This hotel if full of babies and it is funny when we go down to breakfast how many babies are around. The Staff here could not be more lovely and respectful of this process. They come a take the babies while we eat, just walk around the resturant with them, talk to them, make faces to them. It is truly very sweet and mainly the men that do this.

Yesterday when Paul and I were going down to breakfast with Sujina of course, one of the ladies cleaning the rooms stopped me and said "Madam, it is too cold outside for this." She was talking about the little dress I had on Sujina. She had tights on as well and was very cute, but she was right, not approiate for outside.

It is interesting to me that people are assuming that this is my first and only child.

So after breakfast we decided to go for a walk in Thamel. I had to get out of the hotel and walk. I was feeling very closed in. I admit that I was a little apprehensive about walking through the street with her but I quickly got over it.

We shopped a good deal. Elizabeth and I get a long very well and seem to have the same tastes. She is adventuresome and of course I love that. Clay is good for Paul, it is nice that they have each other to talk about the cars, knives, and motorcycles they see. Paul is also a good role model dad for Clay.

We stopped at the Pilgrim book store, Clay and Elizabeth didn't get to walk around Thamel their first trip so we showed them the sights. We had momo, and some drinks. Sujina had a nap and I started having stomach pains. Luckily Paul brought some Immodium and I took it and felt better.

We had a lovely afternoon, walked and walked and walked. Shopped and shopped. The girls were getting tired and so were we. Finally we decided to go home and Diptee fell asleep on Elizabeth. With all the noise of the streets and she slept all the way home.

No comments: