Tuesday, January 02, 2007

2007 is here and we are still in Fayetteville......

So it is 2007 and here we sit in Fayetteville, waiting for an email, a phone call, some sign, any sign that we can go to Nepal. Our last communication from Eric said that the committee had processed up to the 1800 file and the Secretary had signed them as well. That is fantastic news, but we are 1834.

34 sounds like a small number, but it is looking and feeling more like 3400.

In my heart of hearts I thought we would have been in Nepal by now. I truly thought we were going in December 2006. To be this close and yet so far away is just crushing.

We had a wonderful Christmas and then Beck turned 2 on the 29th. It was very fun. He is such a big boy. Such a fun party; family and friends. Helps take our minds off of Nepal and focus on the here and now.

Paul bought me a "Mother's ring" with Sujina Gray on it for Christmas. So we really have everything we need here for Sujina, except her.

Mom bought us some Nepal books and videos, a Nepal Lonely Planet 2007 version. It is great. We have planned what we would like to do and see, and where we want to take Sujina while we are waiting for the visa and paper work to be processed.

We wait, we have faith, we trust.... what more can you do.

2 comments:

kristine said...

Stephanie,

I just wanted let you know that I am thinking of you, and praying that soon it will be your turn to go pick up your little girl. Yikes...

Your writing is genuine and honest...

From a friend in Washington who is also waiting!!

Kristine

Grama Jo said...

Everyday I light my "Sujina candle" and we pray for her and her paperwork. It won't be long now, I bet.

We love you all.
Mom