Sunday, January 21, 2007

the rest of the story.....

We are slowly getting our bodies adjusted to Nepali time, so we are not waking at 4am any longer. The down side is that it is harder for me to have time to blog. I tried last night but was just to tired to really make good sense so I stopped.

Walking around on Saturday just Paul, Sujina and myself helped me come to some understanding about this process and feelings I am having. I really dont like being the center of attention, especially in a foreign place when you just can't help but stick out. Adding to that differentness (new word I just made up)with a baby has been not only stressful but made me feel uncomfortable too. I am feeling very conscious of how I treat her, how she is feeling and what I do about it, as well as how she looks, as far as being clothes and covered properly. I have had several ladies come up to me and tell me she doesnt have enough clothes on, that it is cold.

People also feel the need to come up and touch Sujina or give her things. I didn't like that with the boys and I forsure dont like it now. I am a bit over sensitive if you can't tell, I am hoping it will be better once we get home.

Sujina seems to be doing very well. She is sleeping like a champ. She will go to sleep with her bottle and she wants a bottle around 6am on the dot even if she is not ready to wake up. She is a very happy baby and smiles all the time. She is becoming more and more affectionate with us.

The firt day/night she was with us after she would wake from her nap or sleep she would cry a little. To me it seemed like she was saying "Oh I am still here with you guys." Once she realized where she was she was okay. She is sleeping wiht us, and of course Paul and I love that, and I think she likes being with us and feeling our presence but she does not like to cuddle up. I am hoping that will change.

Last night we were all very tired, we had a long day and were up late, at least late for us. She just wanted to go to bed and have her bottle and be left alone. So we gave her her bottle and she went to sleep. The bottle was dripping and Paul and I didn't realize it until her shirt was soaked, we took the bottle away and tried to change her shirt adn you would have thought we were putting hot pokers on her feet or something. She screamed and grabbed at our faces and kicked. It was a different little girl!

We will have to work on that.

No comments: