Friday, January 12, 2007

Kathmandu here we come!!!!!

Boy can things change in a hurry!!! So our file has been cleared and signed as of two days ago, now the whirlwind of getting flighs, baby stuff, paperwork prepared is in full motion.

I feel like I have not been able to sit down since I recieved an email from Eric. We were originally told we would leave around the 21st of Jan. Then the next morning we got an email saying that the Ministry would be leaving country for a few weeks starting on the 21st of Jan. so we needed to be in country by the 18th and that means having two days of travel time to get to Kathmandu which put us leaveing Fayetteville on the 16th. YIKES.... I haven't done any shopping, backing, preparing of any sort.

My head is going to explode, I feel like there is so much to do I dont even know where to start. I am excited, scared and sad, all rolled up into one. Going to get Sujina also means leaving my two beautiful boys. Rowe will be okay, he has friends, school, and going to Papa's house to occupy his mind. Beck is very attached to me, and doens't want me to leave to go play tennis much less travel to Kathmandu for 14 days!

We have been talking about it and Beck will say "Mama Stay home!" Rowe wants to see his new sister and talks about her a lot. Beck says "Mama Stay home." So we will see how this goes. I am glad he has Rowe to talk to and help comfort.

So we had a ticket yesterday that put us into Kathmandu on the 18th leaving Fayetteville on the 16th Tuesday. The same day Rowe starts back to school. Mr. Sudesh our travel agent was trying to get us a different ticket to put us in to KTM on the 17th with the other families that are traveling.

There are three other families that I have been corresponding with via email who are FAITH families, two are first time parents and one has a 7 year old son. We have been a great sourse of comfort, support, strength for each other while we wait and wait and wait for committees to meet, people to show up, others to sign papers. Now we will all be in KTM together and get to share our baby daughters with each other. What a special bond we will have, and our daughters will keep. They are the reason for the bond, they created it.


So I wait this am to hear from Mr. Sudesh about purchasing our tickets and having them FedEx to us overnight. When he trys to purchase the tickets, part of the route was booked and this posed a big problem. So, he started over looking for us flights and seats. This was the problem before there were no seats to LA from Fay. or from LA to Hong Kong!

For a few hours today my stomach was in my throat. I knew it would all work out, but I was still a little scared.

Our flights were purchased and we are confirmed. We leave on Monday the 15th fly to LA direct, then to Bangkok to KTM. This is a much better flight but it a bit more expensive. Yikes......
Coming back is better as well. We leave on the 30th of Jan. fly to Bangkok, to LA, to Dallas and then home by 7:35 pm. SO that will be good for all involved. The boys can come to the airport, Sujina will be awake and hopefully we will too.

So we are set with tickets; now I have to pack. I went to Target and bought, diapers, bottles, cereal, toys, medicine etc.... I also bought one outfit at Gymboree, I couldn't help myself!

And if that is not enough I have asked all of my friends to donate books for us to take to start a library in the new Children's Home building. They will be moving in next month and they need books, so I have several boxes of books we are going to be taking with us. My friends are wonderful....

As I sit here and write I am looking at the weather channel. The forcast for the next two days is rain/icy rain! WINTER BLITZ is what they are calling it. Okay anything else? Why did we choose FAITH International? Because one has to have faith when you are in this process.

One thing I know for sure is that I have tremendous faith and I am very blessed.

Thanks to everyone for their prayers and support! It is funny because while you are pregnant, or in this case waiting for your baby, people say wow this is so hard for you, how are you doing this. But the truth is, this was the easy part, I am coming home to be a mother of THREE! Now that is where the hard part begins, but boy is it going to be fun!!!!!

1 comment:

kristine said...

Stephanie,

Many hopes and prayers that the travel goes well. Blessings to you as you bring Sujina home:)

Kristine and Abbie from Bellingham