Friday, February 02, 2007

Finally coming home.....

As I sit here in my own room typing at m desk, I ask myself " Was it all a dream?" Did all of this
crazy, wonderful, fun, stressful, sureal journey truly happen?

So Tuesday was a really fun day, and it needed to be after the full on stress of Monday. Paul and I were very disappointed that we were not able to come home early, and frustrated that we had to buy new tickets, but bottom line is that was really the only large bump in this crazy road.
The agency we worked with, Faith International, did a fantastic job in getting all the paperwork we needed for the individual govt agencies prepared and checked over time and time again. There were not lost papers, not forgotten or over looked papers that could have caused confusion or delay. There were not misappointments on either the Nepali or American side. So for us to let the Chinese Visa issue cause us to end on a bad note was silly.

We went into Thamel with Elizabeth and Clay and we met some new Nepali friends Paru and Narayan. Wonderful people. They spend their afternoon with us helping us purchase last minute gifts for friends, family and ourselves. Amazingly kind people the Nepalies are!

We went out for pizza after much shopping. Roadhouse Pizza - for where we were is was awesome pizza. Much needed time to sit and drink a beer, eat some pizza, talk with some new friends and watch our beautiful new children.

Paru had gone to Children's Home to look in on the girls for a few months so she felt very close to them and it was hard for her to say goodbye.
Narayan helped me find the playing board game that we saw some boys playing that I thought was Parchezzi. The Nepalis call it LUDO! He went and bought me the board and the pieces. It is great.

Paul and I also bought a beautiful Budda statue. Sujina loved walking around it and talking to it when we got it back to the room.

We came home, happy, full and energized for the dooming task of packing! But since I am the mater packer Paul was not to worried. He gave Sujina her last bath in Nepal and I packed. It was a very relaxing end to a stressfree day.

No comments: