Tuesday, December 19, 2006

A rollercoaster ride......

So here we are again. Feelings are going around and around, up and down. Yesterday I was informed that the committee coordinator, Mr.Adhakari, had been hosptiatlized and had undergone surgery. They said he will be out for 2-3 weeks. Not the best of news considering the committe had not met and had not reviewed any new files so they were still on 1760. The Ministery Secretary has the final signature for the adoption process in Nepal and he has been out of the country for a week or so, and has not been signing off on any files. They sit and pile up.....

Yesterday was not a good day for me. I was very depressed and very saddened. I know that I will get Sujina and I know we will be traveling but when it seems just days away and then you are told it could be weeks or months that is very disheartening. To know that she is growing and changing daily and I am not there to see and be a part of is very frustrating.

Paul reminded me that we are very blessed and have many things in our lives to be happy about and grateful for. This is true. I just have to look up and see my two boys to remember that.

Just when you think that your problems are the hardest in the world or at least in your circle, God sends you a message that yours are not. I recieved a beautiful Christmas card from a friend remembering her husband who passed away this summer, leaving her a single mom with two small girls.

We have set backs but it is not the end of the world, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Today I recieved another email from Eric at Faith and he said that the committee met and cleared a record 40 files in one day!!!! That brings the files up to 1800! We are now only 34 away. If they can meet again and do another 40 we are off to Nepal. So I am now on cloud 9!!! We still need the Secretary to sign them but I am renewed with HOPE!

So this is adoption international.... things change on a dime.

Thanks for all of your support and prayers we are getting there.

2 comments:

kristine said...

Stephanie,

I was thrilled to look at Sujina's blog, and find that you are a few steps closer to bringing her home! Let's hope that the next 40 signatures go quickly!

Merry Christmas to you and your family,

Kristine and Abbie

NecoleK said...

Stephanie,

Your mom has sent out your prayer concerns and those requests have been sent on to a large group of Prayer Warriors. What a roller-coaster ride, indeed. Your strong faith with be an excellent example for your sons now and for your daughter as she grows. We will keep you in our prayers. Keep the faith!

Merry Christmas to you and your family,

Necole